Snap2stamps package: a free tool to automate the SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

Sir, We have completed the coregistration and interferogram processing. We found that in some data there is blank strip is occurred in the interferogram. But, in some data we have got the entire data correctly. I want to ask you that, does this missing blank strip will cause in the process of MALAB??

Sir please guide me regarding this issue

Hi @Bhuvan,

Those empty strips are most probably due to the fact that secondary images do not cover the entire master AOI, only some of them (not having such empty strips)

My suggestions are either:

1. try to download the other images complementing those dates so you can reprocess them and get the entire master aoi covered
  2. delete them if there are no more images to complement it, as those stripes will definitively make you lose any possible PS during the StaMPS analysis.
1 Like

Thank you very much sir

Hello, in my case I have 64GB RAM. What would the setup look like?

Hi Sir. When will this new release be available?

Greetings

Our best estimate is next week (SNAP 9 release date)

2 Likes

Thanks for that. The new snap2stamps package it’s will be anounce in this forum?

Hello everyone, I am very new to PSI. During snap2stamps process, i am still stuck on Step-3 i.e, COREG_IFG_TOPSAR.py. Despite trying several times, I do not understand where I am going wrong. Also I am using WSL2 on windows 11. I am using snap v6 on wsl.

ubutu_vers.

Please help !.
I have posted this message in other topic of this forum but no reply there yet.

P.S. The ifg folder is empty after the process is finished

Hi, @ABraun!

Recently, I and my colleague are getting this error when doing slaves_split through the snap2stamps package, for our test site, which is a small island (with an area of approximately 1 sq km). Interestingly, this error only happens for one sub-swath (i.e., IW with five bursts). We do not get this error when pre-processing the other two sub-swaths, with six bursts each. We have searched through the forum for possible solutions; however, it seems that only there is only this discussion about this error. We have tried every suggestion provided here (i.e., checking if we have the correct full path, using different AOI sizes), but the error is persistent.

We hope to hear your thoughts regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Thanks for the explanation Mr. Delgado! This two halfs of the AOI should be processed indepently in Matlab with StaMPS or should we use the same working directory for both snap2stamps runs so the products merge.
Thanks in advance!

Just try below command,

sudo apt-get install libgfortran3

Hey thankyou for responding. But i have already completed the PSI of my AOI. Also generated velocity maps in GIS from the exported csv files. Could you please guide me in how to use Geodetic Bayesian Inversion software. I have seen that u had queried about GBIS on this forum.

Hello everyone,

I prepared my work-flow according the @amirolinxa , so I use WSL for processing the mt_prep_snap. All process it seems work correctly for 7 images (that was an essay in order to test that softwares work correctly). Now i’m dealing with a consistent stack of images (28 images) but i’m facing several problems with SNAP: the main one is that after days of processing, the Backgeocodings seams can’t advance properly (the processing stuck on about 7% or 11% of the process). I use a unique graph builder for Backgeocoding, TOPSAR-Deburst-Subset-Interferogram.

For solving this issues i have tried:

• To reduce the area of interest in SUBSET options

• Process only 15 images

But the problem persist. I tried also to reduce the area of interest by focusing on the object of investigation (in my research i want to obtain a time history displacement of a bridge. I know that is difficult with a low resolution product, but i just want to try first with sentinel data and after with high resolution data) but the process it was weirdly fast, so after, in stamps processing it can’t find out PSs. Maybe, I thinked, the minim area have to be chosen according to the geometrical resolution in order to have a proper group of pixels, so from this moment i used simple criteria to select area: not much smaller than a burt. But i faced the same issue: the infinite time of processing.

So now i just try to process each couple separately with the second graph; it seems speed up the process. But i have some doubts: when i obtain each subset and interferogram how i can to obtain a single stampsexport output? It works if i connecting all reads (subsets and interfergrams) to Stamexport? Stampexport can implicitly in the processes link correctly the single subset with his interferogram?

Thanks for reading and sorry for the size of the comment, I just want to describe all my actions because maybe you can see something that I keep getting wrong. I’m just desolate, I spend months on this with any results.

My best,
Othmane.

Which DEM did you select for the BackGeocoding? Could it be that you still use an old version of SNAP where the link to SRTM 3Sec data is broken?

Please move to another thread. This has no much to say about snap2stamps

Still, I also think it could be either the SNAP version or the DEM, or the length of AOI to process

Great thanks ABraun and sorry for my late reply. I just solved the issue by did one processing at time of all images (first Back Geocoding, then TOPSAR-Deburst, then Subset and so on). I use SNAP 8.0 and seems STRM 3Sec worked well.

Best regards,
Othmane.

1 Like

Hi, @ABraun! Do you have any idea how to resolve this error? Thank you.

Hi,
What do I need to write in the AOI field to process full burst in IW1?