Snaphu Unwrapping Plugin

Dear all,

I just discovered that a new plugin for SNAPHU Unwrapping inside SNAP.

I’m a bit puzzled on how to use it. SNAPHU comes with tons of possibilities for parametrization. Here we only have an input/output approach with no possibility to change what we want.

I can load a kind of parameter file at GPF format, but no example is given. Also, the description of the plugin is quite empty.

If someone knows how to use it, thanks for commenting a bit.

Cheers,

Quentin

2 Likes

where did you find this plugin?

grafik

after installing and SNAP restart, I didn’t find it!

for me it is here
grafik

are you sure it was installed correctly?

Hi @ABraun and thanks for your reply. Related to topic, do you have any idea on how to actually set snaphu in this UI ?

some adjustments can be made under “Manage external tool adapters” but that still doesn’t answer how the parameters can be set.

I didn’t know about the integration before, so we are at the same level of knowledge :slight_smile:

Same. I’m more into speckle tracking stuffs now but if I find out how to use it, I will let you know.

Yes, I installed properly, as below,

Hello,

This plugin is now available under SNAP plugins. The SNAPHU Unwrapping plugin can be installed from Tools->Plugins->Available Plugins. The last version is 6.0.5.

Installation and usage instructions:
Choose the plugin, click “Install” and follow the installation procedure. Restart SNAP when SNAPHU Unwrapping installation is finished.
Once installed the plugin will be available under Radar->Interferometric->Unwrapping->Snaphu-unwrapping.

Note: When running SNAPHU Unwrapping tool for the first time the user will be noticed about the need to set up working path for the plugin. Click OK and proceed with bundle download/installation. After these steps the plugin will be ready use. On Linux, after the plugin installation, make sure to add the execute permission on snaphu script under $HOME/.snap/auxdata/snaphu-v1.4.2_linux/bin before starting to use the plugin.

Before unwrapping a product has to be exported using Snaphu Export (Radar->Interferometric->Unwrapping->Snaphu Export)
When the export is done the Snaphu Unwrapping can be executed (Radar->Interferometric->Unwrapping->Snaphu-unwrapping).
On the first tab, select the product previously exported with Snaphu Export (e.g. Phase.hdr). On the parameters tab select the output folder. In order to be able to open the unwrapped product, it is mandatory to select as an output folder the same folder where your exported files (e.g. phase.img, snaphu.conf etc.) are located. You can also check “Display execution output” in order to be able to view the log and the unwrapping execution progress. Then click “Run”.
After the phase is unwrapped it can be imported to SNAP for further analysis using Radar->Interferometric->Unwrapping-> SNAPHU Import (for using the unwrapped output product in SNAPHU Import, make sure to previously save it).
I hope it helps!

Best regards,
Oana

7 Likes

Before you run snaphu-unwrapping you need to run another operator - snaphu Export.
In this operator you can specify your parameters to be used for unwrapping. It creates a .config file which is used in the next step by snaphu-unwrapping plugin.

1 Like

So that’s where the parametrization is poerformed. Thanks @oana_hogoiu and @mfitrzyk

Quentin

Hi i am stuck with phase unwrapping. This plugin is also not working I am not able to fine any product in output folder.
Can u please help me in this?

To be able to help you, we need more information from your side. We’re no magicians :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me the snaphu plugin works. But in the output folder creates a file with ovr extension. I’m wondering what is the purpose of it.
Any comments?

did you open the output in any other software? ArcMap produces ovr files, for example, to store the image in lower resolution levels for faster display and zooming.

@ABraun
No. I just use free and open source. The question is do I need it actually.

no, you can remove it.

@ABraun Fine. Done.