I am new in soil parameter analysis. I wanted to know some methodologies for estimating the soil moisture (vol%) using the sentinel-1 dual pol (VV, VH) SAR data. Beside this I am having information such as NDVI, elevation, soil type and soil moisture(ground truth). Can anyone suggest some methodology (preprocessing, algo, evaluation). Also I want some guidance regarding the use of H-alpha decomposition for the same.
there are already many topics on this
- Soil moisture mapping using Sentinel-1-Data and SNAP?
- Soil Moisture Mapping Using S1_SLC product and s1tx
- Soil moisture identification -Sentinel
- S1 GRD product - retrieve soil moisture
- Backscattering for Soil Moisture
You will soon see that there are many approaches of doing it. Many are based on field measurements and images from both rainy and dry periods.