StaMPS-Visualizer, SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

it should indeed be implemented if TRAIN is sourced but an error limits it for now.

i was talking about the TRAIN group but i will try the MAINSAR group, thank you.

ok then, MAINSAR group is more active and David Bekaert is posting there from time to time…I think you can find more help there as here.

Hi thho, please once i have tje csv file how can i visualize it in StaMPS Vizualizer can you tell me where i can find the steps … Thank you for your time

you need to install R and RStudio as described in the first post. Once you run the script “Run app” you can acess the help section inside the GUI which tells you how to get your CSV to work.

Hello @ABraun,

First of all, let me introduce my self I’m a final year ingeneering student.

I’m using stamps for my school project , so I contact you to ask you about the process you use to calculate the speed of landslide using stamps. I just want to know exactly how we get at the end of the process the reslut with mm/yr precision.

Thank you in advance,

Dear hauda,

I am not sure if StaMPS is the right tool for landslide analyses to be honest because it was made to measure surface deformation. It depends on the type of your landslide but if it was a sudden event StaMPS might not be very suitable.

To get to know what StaMPS is capable of I recommend this collection of sources: About the STaMPS category
The single steps are discussed at various points among these links.

It is a great too, no doubts, but it takes some time to get reliable results that also make sense. There is no recipe to follow along to get the one “right” output. InSAR strongly depends on the selection of suitable input data and many subsequent steps of the workflow deal with checking plausibility, adjusting variables and re-processing parts to get to a final result.
I don’t want to discourage you in any way but be aware that people took months to get into it. I’m just saying that because your question sounds a bit like “tell me what to do and I repeat it” and unfortunately, it is not that easy. If you have a background in SAR interferometry and simply need to know the technical steps, you will find lots of answers in the topic i mentioned above.

Please also be aware that cross-posting the same question over multiple topics is violating the forum rules and I deleted the other ones.

1 Like

I already did the process and got the results that i needed for the surface deformation of my region of interest, I just want the principe not the method, like the formula to get the precision of the speed of deformation (not the technic side)

well, the results are the deformation speed. After step 7 you are finished and can use the various plotting options to extract the type of deformation you need (examples on this: http://seom.esa.int/landtraining2015/files/Day_4/D4P2a_LTC2015_Hooper.pdf)

You can also use the viStaMPS tool to convert it to a kmz file: http://vistamps.utad.pt/
https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/82617832.pdf

1 Like

I think you are specifically looking for the formula for vertical diaplacemenr from LOS displacemnt output from StaMPS. Since you are doing research on a landslide you cant assume inly vertical displacement and will have to vectorize the LOS displacements into 3d using both ascending and deacending track. Take a look at some papers on this topic by seatching for 3d diaplacement InSAR ascending descending keywords. Some explanation is alao on this forum.

yes i just need the formula

as i mentioned, since you are doing 3d displacement i cant give it to you, i have never used it before. but as i suggested, search some papers on the topic, it will make it clear. you can use the data from the csv to compute it. for example check the paper of @mdelgado about 3D displacement in the city of Rome.

i have a query…

After TOPS Split i ran a series of process to obtain the interferogram. And now, while debursting, it takes more than 24 hours and even the process stopped incomplete (system shut down itself). So, i thought of subsetting the interferogram image and then deburst (Which also brings out an error).

So, is it that we shouldnt subset the image before debursting?
Or, is there any feasible solution?
@thho @falahfakhri @ABraun

The reason why deburst should be applied before subset, is mentioned in here,

Source : https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/user-guides/sentinel-1-sar/acquisition-modes/interferometric-wide-swath

But the solution of processing the whole image is to process each subswath separately and then merge all together, please take a look at the following post,

TOPSAR merge Source of the post

1 Like

thank you so much for clearing me out… @falahfakhri

another doubt,

Once an image is split, y cant i split it further? Instead i am only able to split from the source image only…

Is there a reason for it or any other possible way available?

Would you please to clarify this, because according to my understanding, I’ll comeback to the previous post and re-answer the same , since the S-1 has three sub-swaths each one consists number of bursts, so the easiest way to the low computer capacity in case of the whole image is the goal of AOI, is to split the each sub-swath separately and then merge all together once the processing is done.

But, in case you split the image for let’s say to four bursts, and you’re interested in the specific AOI, within this splited bursts, so you could apply subset in this case and then continue the processing,

What i mean is that, i have only the split image now, which has 7 bursts. Now from this image i cudnt split further… Is that feasible i wonder…?

No, you could split further as I mentioned in my previous post, once you have 7 bursts of one sub-swath you could split them to get only one or more bursts less than 7 according to your demand, using this bar

This is my image, i have already split once… so i have a split image with 7 bursts and while i further split with the splitted image i get such an error…

This is from the original image right?? i have done this only and have got a split image of 7 bursts… My doubt is that y i cant further split from the split image rather than the original image…?