StaMPS-Visualizer, SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

@ABraun is right about that, it is necessary after you have run ps_plot(’v-whatever’, ’ts’) to set a search radius and click on the ts plot window which has popped before continuing with the rest of the csv export code. This click action triggers the creation of the object which are needed for the export, in fact it is similar to the kml export. When I wrote the export csv lines I orientated on the kml export which follows a similar procedure.

@volkan I hope that made some things more clear, let us know if it works for you. If there are still errors occurring, please report it with the error message, mostly I can then relate what might be wrong. Cheers!

1 Like

Hello all

I have a question about making a subset in SNAP. I make a subset normally and in the view window only the area of interest that I have cut is observed, but in the world view, the full limits of the IW2 are observed, and the processing in StaMPS gives me PS points of the complete IW2.

Why is this happening?

Full IW2 processed in StaMPS …

I just want to process my AOI in StaMPS and get PS points of my AOI.

Thank you

One explanation could be that your data is still in slant range geometry. What seems like a square in your SLC product actually covers a long stripe due to different pixel resolutions in azimuth and range direction.

Have a look at these sources: https://earth.esa.int/web/guest/missions/esa-operational-eo-missions/ers/instruments/sar/applications/radar-courses/content-2/-/asset_publisher/qIBc6NYRXfnG/content/radar-course-2-slant-range-ground-range

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Abraun.

You are right, I have observed that the subset is correct and it is not the complete IW2.

Greetings.

Dear Thorsten,

I got this error, any idea, or suggestion,

1 Like

Dear @falahfakhri,

this is a known error which occurs when there is a high density or amount of PS. Please have a look into the manual page of the Visualizer, there you can find a documented workaround to avoid the error.
You also have to be sure, that you user the right export script for your stamps version, since there have been changes in stamps v4.x… All this is also documented in the manual page within the application.
I hope that helps you.
Cheer

2 Likes

Dear Thorsten,

Thanks a lot for your response

Do you mean this one?

Yes, I’m using the right one,

Yep I meant that, first you have to select a very very huge area for the tsplot area in matlab and export this very huge CSV table the usual way, then you change to R using the script you found in the documentation to subset the information in an other way than in Matlab, somehow this makes a difference, until now I an still not able to tell why Matlab does not work in this case…
Make sure to adapt the path information to your machine and you need to have a roi to subset your ps of interest, I normally use Google earth to create them… Mostly a but sloppy but it works :wink:

Hello @ABraun,

I installed the plugin but do not know where to start. Could you roughly say about steps? Thank you.

I exported the data as a CSV with the tool that was provided by ttho. After that, a few adjustments have to be made to the table (formatting of the date and naming of the colums). An example on how the table must look like is given in the documentation of the QGIS plugin.

You then import the CSV as points and convert them into a shapefile. After that, you can click on the tool icon and select any point you want to have displayed.

Hello @ttho,

we choose a pixel and set a radius after the ps_plot('v-doa', 'ts') command. I wonder if there is a way to choose a pixel and radius by a command?

Hi @volkan, pretty sure that it is possible to directly pass those information to the ts plot function, I will have a look at it during my next time working on the app, apparently that could take some time, so if you find the part in the Matlab script, let me know :slight_smile:

I tried to format the CSV file but did not success. Do you have a sample CSV file not translated to shapefile?

Sample shapefile’s attribute table has not coordinate information. This is another confusing point.

this worked for me:
Quetta_45000m_134_CSV.csv (1.5 MB)

I simply skipped the first two rows in QGIS. lat/lon coordinates were exported by the script given by thho

Kitap1.csv (17.1 KB)

Is there any problem my CSV file? I import as point and then convert to shapefile. It is not working.

Hi @thho,

disp = ph_disp(ind);
disp_ts = ph_mm(ind,:);
export_res = [lon2 lat2 disp disp_ts];

after these command, I get an error.

I think It is about the radius we set after the ps_plot('v-doa', 'ts'); command.

In the manual’s Troubleshooting section, there is a solution way given below.

If there is a high density of MP (measurement points) sometimes an error occurs like horzcat matrix is not consist with each other . To avoid this error, make a new ts plot and select a very large search radius which includes all MP, export this csv table and use the following R script and a .kml polygon which is describes your region of interest to subset the table afterwards.

At this point, after I make a new TS Plot and select a large radius, how can I export the CSV table? Thank you.

after importing it into QGIS, I noticed that one column is interpreted as integer.
Furthermore, your first date starts with 2013.

In the attribute table, it consists of 0s (your master image?)

I removed it and made 2018 out of 2013, but this didn’t solve the problem. I cannot find any difference between both datasets…

Yes @ABraun, it is the master image. I organise the table in microsoft excel and save as CSV file. What is the program you are using when editing a CSV file?

I also used MS Excel

Hi Throsten,

Finally I succeeded to export the CSV file by decreasing the radius, and thanks to @volkan but now I have this error, it is occurred while trying up to run the app.

It runs now, BUT apparently it is not possible to save CSV file within the folder image

I removed it out, But now it runs, how to reach my file?