StaMPS-Visualizer, SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

Thanks Thorsten. I found a stable area as you suggested, with many PS having almost perfect linear fit (r2 value close to 1). This tells me StaMPS is very precise method, and the noisy time series in other locations is due to real noisy ground motion. Interesting.

I confirmed this by checking a continuous GNSS monitoring in the area, which also showed a noisy signal. The noise is real!

This has implications for conventional levelling surveys in this area, which report mean annual motions (mm/yr), based on only two measurements at a benchmark; StaMPS will be far superior indication of mean annual motion because the time series have many points (> 20 per time series).

2 Likes

GNSS is gold if available :slight_smile: sounds very interesting!

@thho, Hello, I have a question to ask you. I hope I can export the PS points to the pixel coordinates of the interferogram, instead of the longitude and latitude. Is there any way?

I think that should be possible, but you have to explore the matrices in Matlab. With the provided script it is not directly possible, but I think the script is a good starting point to look for the right objects which are generated by StaMPS in Matlab.

@thho Thank you for your affirmation. I hope those who read this message and have ideas can give me some suggestions. In this thank you.

I found that after using it for a while, the map cannot be displayed.please help me.I would be very grateful if you could reply.

hi @yan

report and check the following:

• has it worked before?
  • switch to the OSM base map (upper left corner open the layer menu) tell me if this works, then we know that it is not your network or something but related to the ESRI WMS
  • Are you in a network which IP might be problematic? From other users reports, ESRI WMS is blocking IPs from Iran, and sometimes the ESRI WMS is out of service for some IPs from institutions when the terms of use are violated (like using the WMS for scraping high res data). If possible, try to use a VPN, that helped every single time this problem came up

hi@thho
Thank you for your reply.
I have been using StaMPS-Visualizer for about a week and he is fine. One day I opened it and I couldn’t see the satellite image,but I can use OSM map.I tried using a VPN but nothing changed.

Hi @yan, thanks for providing more information. However, I am not able to reproduce the error, neither on a recently set up test instance, neither on my day-to-day system, the ESRI WMS works fine for me.

There must be something on your side what is blocking access to the ESRI WMS, what happens when you visit this link:

and what happens when you visit this link:

https://thho.shinyapps.io/StaMPS_Visualizer/

Another thing you can try is to click the Open in Browser button in the upper left corner of the RStudio window, maybe something isn’t working here but since OSM is rendered, I doubt that.

If nothings is working out for you check these lines in the code of the visualizer, they provide some information how to include other WMS which show high res satellite imagery:

hi@thho
Thank you very much for your help.When I changed a VPN tool, it worked.It’s true that my vpn is faulty.StaMPS-Visualizer is a very handy tool with perfect functionality.

@yan thanks :slight_smile: and good to know that it was a VPN issue, that narrows down problem solving in the future.

By the way, nice result! There is a lot to interpret! Have you used SBAS or common PS?

@thho I have been using stamps for three months. This is the SBAS result.I am working on a ps process.I want to use StaMPS for dam deformation monitoring.

1 Like

Hi dear @thho thanks for your great work. I faced some problems I would really appreciate it if you could help me.

1. Problem with subset the .csv, when I try to subset I got this error. Actually, I know that the ‘‘lat’’ cell is empty but I couldn’t find a solution for that. What’s more when I run the script the ‘‘lon’’ cell gets empty too.

2. Error when trying to create shapefile.

Hello @thho My computer system is Windows 10.My R version is 4.2,When I installed StaMPS Visualizer in R Studio, I was unable to install httpuv. How can I solve this problem?

Hi @lidehua, you can avoid such problems by using the renv install method, see R package installation with renv in the README.md of the repository. It will set up the R and all package versions to a working environment for this particular app:

Hello @thho I installed the environment using renv and this error occurred

@masoodhp , can you open the csv in a text editor and make a screenshot which shows the upper 10 rows or so?

Hello. Dear @thho I am trying to export my StaMPS result (‘v-d’) into a CSV file and I am facing an issue in the CSV file. I have 40 images, so I expect export_res (1-40) in the first line. Apart from that, the ref lon and ref lat appears 0,0, NaN as appears below.

My results are a total mess :frowning:

Can you help me with this?

Wow, that looks terrible indeed. But I think I already found some things that caused the issue.

I think you use a very outdated version of the visualizer. Please get the latest from the github repo:

Then, let me know which StaMPS version did you use (3.x or 4.x) there are two different exprt scripts for the csv, both are documented in the latest Visualizer Manual tab.

Try to use StamPS 4.x and the matching export script and load the csv into the latest version of the visualizer, normally that should solve your issue.

Hi dear @thho
Here is the csv file