Substitute Matlab scripts for StaMPS PSI processing

Dear all,

I need to process PSI using the workflow SNAP/StaMPS but I don’t have a Matlab License. Could you please help me to know if it is feasible to convert/interface the Matlab scripts into another programming language (such as C or R) and still use the StaMPS functionalities of PSI process?

Thank you all!

there was a topic once where users discussed to translate StaMPS to Python language, but there were no updates published lately. Need help with re-writing StaMPS to Python

Maybe this one is also interesting to you: SNAP MintPy integration for SBAS time series

Octave aims to be able to run Matlab scripts as is.

I managed to export a single master stack prepared for StaMPS using Snappy. I then spent some time trying to get StaMPS to work in Octave and I did get it to run a few steps but gave up after a while to focus on SBAS approaches instead. I basically just ran Stamps in Octave and changed Stamps modules with every compatibility error I got as I went along.

I remember one specific StaMPS script required a patch to a module that was released with Octave version 4.4.4 so if you do plan to try it out, use the latest Octave version.

Python would be great…

2 Likes

ABraun, here is the GitHub repo with Vant’s python translation of StAMPS (I hope he does not mind, the license is open):
https://github.com/Vants/stampsreplacer.

1 Like