Suggestions SNAP

Hi,

I would like to share some ideas to improve SNAP:

• After downloading several products, I select them and import all together to SNAP. It would be nice if they are imported in chronological order by default

• Would be nice to add an option in the graph builder to organize automatically the operators. Most of the times you add them and have to spend time moving them to have a nice layout (kind of the option you can find in the model builder of arcmap)

M

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. They are noted in our issue tracker.

1 Like

Hi,

Some other suggestion for the graph builder.

1- Enable copy/paste of operators.
In many cases, a chain contains duplicated operators (subset, resample, etc.). It would be nice if, after selecting an operator such as subset, we could directly copy-paste it instead of Right click -> Raster -> Geometric ->Subset

2- Enable zoom options in the graph
When creating long processing chains, it would be better to zoom out and check the process instead of using the scrolling bars (top-down / right-left). Maybe automatic buttons that zoom to the extent of the graph? (something like the zoom to layer)

3- Enable selection of several operators
it would be nice to be able to select different operators at the same time, so that you can move them together

4- Search box
Most of the times we know already the name of the operator we want. If there would be a search box, we could type some letters of the operator and it would appear on a list. By clicking (or pressing enter), it would be added to the graph.

1 Like

Very good suggestions! We will consider to implement them in our future development. Thanks!

1 Like

by the way, if there is a chance to include slope, aspect, hillshade calculation of DEMs into SNAP that would be perfect.
Those help to search for errors in interferometric DEMs and to define advanced valid pixel expressions.

3 Likes

HI Andreas,
internally we have such computations, but they are not yet ready to be released. But you are right, these things are useful

2 Likes

good to hear - take your time!

Just to add another point related to adding products in chronological order in SNAP. It would be convenient to enable the option of moving products in the product explorer up and down as in many other GIS and RS software.

M

Yes, ordering would be nice. I can also say that in the next development phase the support for time series will be extended. However, I can’t give a date right now.

Good to know! Looking forward to new functionalities in SNAP!

Maybe I missed it, but is there a switch to work offline with SNAP? We know that there is a switch to “never” check for updates.
We are having problems working with Snap S1TBX due to our strict firewall settings. The software starts up and then the screen turns grey and the software halts.
We know of the method to down load orbit files and DEMs etc. and to then work offline. But having a switch would make it even more manageable.

1 Like

There is no switch like this yet. During the next developing phase we want to change the handling of auxiliary data. This would be an opportunity to optimise also the online access. I’ve noted this in our issue database (SNAP-879)

1 Like

This. Especially when your graph looks like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right to the point :grin:

Hi,

Just adding a new suggestion for the software.

• Bookmarks (as they are called in other GIS software) -> The idea would be to zoom in at a specific location of an image and save that visualization (zoom level and position). For example, I navigate to my study area with a specific zoom level and save it. Later, I can be accessed in a new dedicated tab on the View menu

M

2 Likes

I approve. That’s also usefull when you do a export view as image. Then the week after you modify a bit your process and want to export the same view as before but it is always a bit tricky to do it.

2 Likes

That’s a nice idea. For the further development, we had already in mind something like favourites. Where you can define and collect your favourite resources and have them in quick access. Your idea fits into this concept somehow.
It is noted: SNAP-946

3 Likes