Sentienl 1 polarimetry; apply "Pauli" filter

Hello everyone. my idea is to apply the “pauli” filter to a sentinel 1 SAR image. The filter is applied through an RGB combination with the polarizations B:HH+VV; G:HV; A: HH-VV. For this I have downloaded this data product: S1A_IW_GRDH_1SDV_20210325T062606_20210325T062631_037151_045FC8_D446.
In the Sentinel 1 data product there are only 2 polarizations, the VH and the VV. How can I get the combination of polarizations that I need to build the “pauli” filter? Would I have to download another type of product? @marpet @ABraun

Thanks for the attention,

Elena,

This is technically not possible. Pauli needs all four polarizations and Sentinel-1 only captures two of them. There is no way to create the missing ones, unfortunately.

@ABraun Oh thanks! Do you recommend any SAR satellite with the 4 polarizations with good resolution?. I have not found any that meet that requirement.
Thank you very much.

Currently, there are none which are openly available, sorry. This has been discussed it several topics, maybe you want to check:

Some sample products with full polarization can be accessed here: San Francisco | Institut d'Électronique et des Techniques du numéRique - UMR CNRS 6164

1 Like