Toolbar issue on MacOS Ventura

You are a genius. Thank you so much. You let me to work again without getting crazy to find a computer on which preprocess satellite data.

SNAP support should hire you ahahah

Thank you again.

Luca

2 Likes

Does someone have an idea why this works?
Actually, the configuration is the same as before these steps.
:woozy_face:

I am running on an “Apple M1 Max”, 64GB, macOS Ventura 13.3.1 (22E261). My initial install (fresh + updates) of the ESA SNAP tool fails to show either tools and/or “Open Product”.

I followed the “delete snap/snap folder, restart, …” discussed above and got to a point where I could see both tools and “Open Product” windows. However, when I tried to actually load a Sentinel-2 image, it failed (likely a separate thread to discuss that). Further, when I re-installed the Sentinel-1 Toolbox I lost the ability to see the tools and “Open Product” windows again.

I have not seen any other post discussing if this might be a problem with just the Sentinel-1 Toolbox.

Hi all,

I had the same issue with snap GUI being unresponsive. I have Ventura 13.3.1 and M2. I fixed it using josbel96’s genius method.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Did you try josbel96’s method twice? I had to repeat it when I noticed things not working (for a total of three times).

I’m experiencing the same problem with the Mac Ventura M1-pro processor. In the image, you can see that the “open product” option is not appearing.

Thank a lot Josbel, This works as you said. Will start processing some data to see how it works in the long run.

Thanks again!

Thanks to @jfe and @josbel96 for the workaround. It solved the problem for me on MacOS Ventura + Intel MacBookPro 2019.

1 Like

Thanks to @josbel96 for providing this method, it did work.

@marpet, I did some tests and I seem to found something.

The problem may be caused by “World view” and “Product library” components.

I notice that when I use josbel96’s method, the tool in the windows will be removed because of disable almost all plugin of SNAP. When I use “Windows->Reset Windows” to reset the toolbox in SNAP, the problem will occur again. So I try every component one by one and finally find that when one of these two components enable, the menu will not show anymore. If I remove it and restart SNAP, everything will be fine again. I suggest that it could be the 3D render part of Java have some problem with the new version of macOS.

This above is my speculation, maybe someone can verify if it is true or not, thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the report.

we have also solved it for the next release. So it will be no issue anymore in the future.

4 Likes

When are you going to release version 10? Is there any penciled date?

Tentatively mid-August.

3 Likes

Hi! You are a genius. I did it and it works correctly. but now I have another problem. I don’t know if this problem has something to do with the procedure.
now in my menu File > Import > SAR Sensors, I only see two of all the sensors supported by the software.

Could you please give a help?

regards

Jorge

Hello! Thank you for yogur solution.

I dos your procedure and it works perfectly.

But now in my menu: File > Import > SAR Sensors > Does not appear all of the sensors supported.

For example SAOCOM

It will be because of that procedure

Could you please give a hand?

Thanks!

It works! Excellent!

The workaround proposed on the forum does not solve all problems with Mac OS Ventura.
Is version 10 coming soon?

2 Likes

Dear @mengdahl I do have the same result and question of our colleague @gpeltzer, yes indeed doesn’t work for all Mac OS.

Hello,
Do you have an ETA for version 10?
Do you think it will be compatible with macOS 14 Sonoma?

Hello Everybody, I am using Apple Chip M2, Sonoma 14.1.1 for SNAP i tried to work with version 9.0 but the tools bar is not responding and then i tried to use the lower version 7.0 & 8.0 but still the error remains same. I am not being able to execute the tools bar. Do anyone have any solution.

Hi @erkdiwakar,

This solution seems to work for some users: