Unable to Run Apply-Orbit-File from GraphProcessor

Hello all,
I am using SNAP 6.0 and S1Toolbox 6.0.6. When applying orbit file, it gives me an error. But the error says, it couldn’t find the orbit file January 2000 but my SAR data is from 2017 and I downloaded manually the orbit files and replaced under 2000/1 and 2017/7(the correct one) but it is still same. I am not writing my java code. But could you help me about this issue?
Thanks.
Fikret

Maybe this and the following posts can help you:

If the dates are wrong it probably means that the S-1 product is defective (metadata issue?). You could try to download it again and see if it helps (there could be a reprocessed version).

The interesting thing is the program can find the orbit files of 20170718 but couldn’t find 20170730. It is also in the same ftp folder that I checked. It is hard to understand anyway I click don’t give error if orbit files couldn’t find so in this example program applying orbit file my master file but not slave.

Hi, I want to apply Orbitfile to my S1 image but a problem occurred during the target product initialization, which is java.lang.NullPointerException
Help me

Did you apply any other steps before this?
What product level were you using?

I’m using SENTINEL-1A GRD images for extracting flooded areas and non-flooded areas. Last year I had done this operation without any kind of error but now I cant
subsetting is The only step I did before applying orbit file

I’m confused. What is causing the error - orbit file or subsetting?

applyOrbitfile, and this is the error= java.lang.NullPointerException

the NullPointerException message does not contain the reason for the error, so we have to narrow it down.

What is the acquisition date of the image?
Can you display the downloaded image correctly?
What file format did you use for the subsetting?

Maybe you can also share the product ID of the GRD

S1B_IW_GRDH_1SDV_20190327T024522_20190327T024547_015534_01D1E4_8C9A
S1A_IW_GRDH_1SDV_20190320T144334_20190320T144359_026423_02F518_1F95
These two are the images I gathered for flood extraction, but I can’t pass apply orbit file step Another problem is I can’t do geometric train correction because Srtm can’t be downloaded, I know I have to change the URL link to another site but I can’t find the location in snap software.
Images are flipped when I open them
I can send screenshots if u give an email address to me

please, one thing after the other :slight_smile:

The images are not flipped, they are acquired in ascending mode, the data will be adjusted after terrain correction: S1 image opens upside down

No change of URL needed, please test the SRTM 1Sec (Auto Download) instead and make sure that SNAP can pass your firewall, please see here: S-1 Thermal Noise Removal

Again, what output format did you select for the subset? Does the image look alright after subsetting?

Unfortunately, even when the firewall is off SRTM 1Sec cant be downloaded, my subset format is .dim
yes the image is good but I can’t apply the orbit file at all I need to do this

Please try to skip the Orbit File step and proceed for a test. If the next steps fail as well, there might be a different reason. But the fact that both Orbit File and Terrain Correction fail indicate that SNAP cannot access online resources from your computer.

What should I do? how should I access online resources? I even set my firewall off but it wasn’t the reason for this problems, I love working with Snap but these errors are annoying
Another problem is after mosaicing (two other Sentinel-1 images) and subsetting I can’t do any other functions on images because of this error:( Input should be a Sentinel-1 product), but they are Sentinel-1 products.

Thanks for your answers

then this is my only guess what might be wrong, but you haven’t answered it yet.

S1A_IW_GRDH was Images with .rar format
Intensity VV and Amplitude VV For subsetting
and format of files are .dim

hmmm.
Maybe the mosaicing is the reason why the input is no longer understood as Sentinel-1. What others steps do you want to apply? Maybe it is possible to apply the mosaicing later in your workflow (even after terrain correction).

I think all the problem comes from my Snap inability to connect to the host server.
The First Step of workflow is:
Subsetting-apply-orbit-file-ThermalNoiseRemoval-Calibration-Specktle-filter-Traincorrection.
I can’t do my thesis with these disconnecting problems. there should be a solution to this problem.

You can manually download the Orbit files and SRTM tiles and place them in the correct folder, so SNAP will not try to download them.

Orbit files: "Error: [NodeId: Apply-Orbit-File] error in opening zip file" and Required format and location for downloaded S1 orbit files
SRTM 3Sec tiles: Unable to get fractional land/water mask
SRTM 1Sec tiles: Process with SRTM 1sec