How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP

Good morning,
I am working on a project about the detenction of the vertical displacement of the surface.
I have done it trought SNAP and SNAPHU but I have obtained not satisfactory results.
Infact I have understood that snaphu starts the unwrupping each time with a different pixel so if I repeat the same steps with the same images I will not obtain the same results and furthermore I have problems with the coordinates of the city that I have used because when I export the last result on google earth the coordinates do not correspond and I don’t know why.
In any case looking for a solution in this forum, I have understood that maybe is better using Stamps with the method of persistent scatterers for my project.
Please tell me if it is right.
But I have not found an user guide or a manual that explain me how install stamps and all the steps that I have to follow in order to obtain my goal.
Can you help me?
Furthermore if you can help me with my problems about snaphu and coordinates I will beI will be grateful.
Thanks.
Best regards.

To be clearer.
I have already found the manual of stamps but I do not understand how to use it together snap in order to have good results of vertical displacement.
Thank you.
Have a nice day

@Serasia,

StaMPS may be a better option than snaphu alone, have a look here, to install and use StamPS with SNAP. It may be seams to be complicated, by be patient, as you are working in an urban area, it is likely that you get interesting results! Good Luck!

Thank you very much for your reply

unfortunatly I cannot read the summery because the file doesn’t exist.
Could you send me it please?
Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning! Unfortunately, I am not longer able to edit the post and maintain the link, please use this one
snap_stamps_1_0.zip (2.1 MB) I had to zip the html document because of upload limitations of this forum.
End of June or during July I will post an update of the summary.

9 Likes

I clicked on the external link but it dosent work with me, Please can you send me your summary.
raja.habiballah@edu.uca.ac.ma
Thanks for your help

:point_down:

1 Like

thank you Abdel for your help

1 Like

Hi all

Somebody please could tell me how solved this problem with matlab??? I followed the steps suggested in this topic and nothing, I have matlab r2010b, is necessary the version r2016b???

1 Like

Hi,
the link is no valid.
Please, Could you send it again?
Thank you.

I had the same for matlab 2018, so it is not caused by version.

I later managed to overcome it by carefully checking if the output from SNAP was complete and then using the updated scripts provided by Katherine (see the overview post here: About the STaMPS category)

It is also a good advice to run StaMPS in matlab only step by step and check if all results were written correctly because otherwise they are missing in the subsequent steps without major warning.
Run single steps like this: stamps(1,1), check results, stamps(2,2), and so on.

1 Like

Hi dear…could you pls explain to me, what is the difference between ps and ordinary method of surface diformation analysis!!?

Here you find good comparisons:

3 Likes

Thank you very much.
i have followed all the steps in order to export data to StaMPS.
I have installaed StaMPS and I have the new 4 directories created after the export.
I have copied and replaced the two script that I have found in this forum respectively inside bin and matlab folder of StaMPS.
Now I have a big problem because I am not able to proceede.
I know that I have to run the script “mt_prep_gamma” but the terminal says–>command not found.
I have tried more times but I have not results.
So, I need someone that please tell me the steps that I have to follow:

• where put the folder “stamps”
    -where put the folder “stamps export”
  • from wich folder I have to run the script"
    -the command that I have to type in order to run sthe script
    I’m using cygwin on windows.
    Please, I need these information.
    Thanks.

the path where the StaMPS scripts are located needs to be made available to your shell.

Then you can access them from any folder.

You can either navigate into the export folder or enter the full path in the mt_prep_gamma command

Thanks,
I have added the PATH where there is my script and after navigate into the folder where there is the export but I had no results.
it says command not found:
following the screenshots

Could you help me?

Hi dear, can you pls explain to me step by step of ps analysis using 14sentinel images?
I read your steps above, but I cant understand if I should genrate coreg master-slave1 to master -slave2…so on…seperately first , and then I should creat 13 ifg seperetaly again??
after that I should creat stack of 13 coreg pairs, and then I must creat 13 ifgs coreg??? Am I wright??pls help me

1 Like

/C/Temp/… is no valid folder in cygwin.

try
/cygdrive/c/Temp/…

instead